Tis the season to be jolly. Tis the season, no time to be folly. Tis the season for high and low grade Christmas lighting. Tis the season for extreme snowball fighting. Tis the season for ugly sweater parties.Tis the season for office room herald. Tis the season for yule tide carols. Just had to get some holiday “tissing” out of my system. As a freelance copywriter, a brother, friend, and son. I must say I’ve had some triumphant victories and valley low downs. This year was phenomenal.
10. I’m thankful for my health and well being. Whoever said that being a creative means you’ll have no time to workout is a lie. I made the best decision this year, by dedicating myself after being challenged. I’m on the way to be able to show off at the “gun show”.
9. I’m thankful for Google. Maybe you’re an employee of Google reading this. Thank you for creating Google Docs! For a writer who loves to collaborate, it’s so much easier now.
8. I’m thankful for my keyboard, (Yahama MM6) Now, I can dive into the musicianship world. Rock out! (Fact): I started playing the piano at the age of 8.
7. I’m thankful for the ability to laugh. Just imagine what the world would be like with no humor or laughter. You have to get loose sometimes.
6. I’m thankful for the hard times. Because it gives you character. Nobody can ever tell you don’t deserve something for something you’ve worked hard for. I know what it’s like to be homeless.
5. I’m thankful that I’m living in NYC. It’s the mecca of advertising and the entertainment world. It’s a tough city. What doesn’t kill you, only makes you stronger.
4. I’m thankful for people who believe in me. I’m not working at a top ad agency like I want yet. (By the way if you’re reading this Andre 3.0, copywriter is available for hire.) I’ve learned it’s about knowing people and building an authentic professional relationships. They keep me on my P’s and Q’s so to speak.
3. I’m thankful that love still exists. Truth be told. Everyone needs love in their life. It comes in many shapes and forms. Everyone is not crazy in this big, but small world we live in.
2. I’m thankful for friendships. I lost one of them this year, who happened to be my best friend. He passed away due to a heart attack. RIP Johnny Bravado.
1. I’m thankful for God and my family. Sometimes they don’t understand my perspective. But they’re always there for the support. I love them.
P.S. I’m thankful for the day I met Dear Brook in NYC, after several Twitter conversations about breaking in the advertising industry.
Dear Andre 3.0